Existing Member?

mudskippers adventures Apollo Motorhome road trip in NZ North Island. I designed this road trip specific to my 15 y.o son and 46 y.o husband which involved a lot of motorsport fun and a taste of New Zealand culture, history and landscapes.

Day 1 Arriving in Auckland and Collecting our Apollo Motorhome

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 9 April 2012 | Views [714]

Intro:

This blog summarises our NZ holiday.

We seem to only do an overseas trip once every 3 years, and what with our son now 15yo, I had wondered if this may be the last time he would want to travel overseas with us. Considering this, I wanted to make this family trip most memorable for our son, and hey, hubby and I shared the same interests as our son, so it was an all round family fun trip. I prefer to do all the research myself in regards to constructing an itinerary, and I spent over 4 months visiting all sorts of travel forums and NZ tourist sites to try and work in something which reflected us.

Outside of dates and knowing that we were travelling the North Island of NZ, both my boys, hubby (46) and son (15) had absolutely no idea as to what I had planned.

Sunday 30th October, 2011

7:00am   Landed in Auckland Airport from direct flight from Cairns (Queensland, Australia). A breeze going through customs & had breakfast at McDonalds and purchased a cheap mobile at the Telcom (Telstra equivelant) booth. Purchasing a Telcom simcard allowed us a much cheaper option for staying in contact with the NZ contacts we had for all the activities and accommodation etc we had booked.

8:15am  Picked at Auckland International airport up by a friendly staff member of Apollo Motorhomes - Auckland depot.

9:30am  After the paperwork, induction etc, we are now heading out of town in our 6 berth Euro Deluxe motorhome..yayyyy!!! It was virtually brand new, had only 9,000kms on the clock it. It was a VW, automatic and diesel powered (which we found was not only brilliant for fuel economy, but diesel was way cheaper than petrol in NZ).

To learn more about Apollo NZ campers - visit their website here - http://www.apollocamper.co.nz/

Tags: apollo camper, apollo motorhomes, auckland, nz

 
 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.