Existing Member?

Thailand

Pre trip account

INDIA | Sunday, 1 April 2012 | Views [233]

Started my preparation on April 1, Sunday, 2012 for undertaking this trip which had been planning with my sweetheart since so long. Firstly, I dedicate this trip to her who became my strength and well wisher to make everyone understand that "Mudit will be fine and jab uska mann hai to usko jaane dijiye"

Am gonna be extra careful on this trip since I have to get back soon and do so many other things which also are on priority list.

Day started with Ram Navmi hawan and Puja and it went on nicely and finished by 11 AM. Panditji kept his word and was late by half an hour even as we all were waiting for him. Post the Pujan, Moti helped to take out my ruck-sacks which had been biting dust since 3 years ever since my Mongolia trip got cancelled. Finally I will be able to use my Wildcraft day-pack since have presently decided to opt instead for a suitecase for my essential packings.

Am not carrying a digital camera/SLR but instead a camcorder which Amit had left behind in Lucknow. Hopefully it should do fine. Amit was insisting on phone to carry along SLR with me but I realise it shall be too much of a problem keeping it safe. Also, on his recommendation to equip myself with Android technology, am shifting temporarily to Mummy's Sony Phone with pre-loaded Skype on it to keep in touch back home. Shall be purchasing local SIM Card with 3G once I reach Thailand. Mummy also has planned to prepare Mathri and other eatables to take along on the trip. Also many thanks to my sweetheart (yet again!!) for scanning important pages from Thailand Rough Guide and sending them to me of which I took all printouts along with tickets and hostel bookings.

Finally ended the day by purchasing ihi Bupa Travel Insurance-Policy No- WNIND12000150 from World Nomads which also covers for my Scuba Diving. Am leaving one of the papers back at home for reference

Cya and catch up soon!

Tags: home, insurance, packing, planning, pre trip

About muditkag


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.