Existing Member?

Living a life worth sharing exploring the world

It was just like a movie...

ITALY | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [183] | Scholarship Entry

I still have the music in my head. The beautiful Italian song and the laughter of my friends on the background. The sun shined and the wind blew in my face as two Italian friends of mine were driving me to Rome. They were singing along so that the music seemed even louder than it was already. I had a meeting at the university after which they had promised me to show the city. They kept singing even after we left the car in the center as they were curious if I had heard those songs before. It was so much fun. The day was beautiful and everyone we met seemed very happy. There were children waiving from a bus which passed by on the street. Birds singing and flowers everywhere. I felt fantastic. After my meeting we discovered the Vatican few narrow streets away from where we were. It was full of tourists so we moved on. After some twenty minutes in the car we were on a hill. We walked through a park and ended up in an alley full of roses. That's when I had to close my eyes. They guided me for ten more meters and when I opened them again, I found myself in an orange garden overlooking Rome. I have no words to describe what it was like. It was the most beautiful place I have seen in my life and I was speechless. I have never seen oranges grow before, and here you could even take some from the tree. The view was breathtaking. I was so astonished that we spent the rest of the day in this garden and met the sunset drinking wine. That day was so amazing, full of joy and laughter, pure definition of a beautiful life.

It was a perfect day and everything was just like in the movies. It was a crazy day as well, as earlier that morning I had not expected it to go that way. Earlier that morning I haven't not even met those friends. That day I had returned from another town to spend my last day in Rome and fly from Fiumicino the following morning. Not willing to stay at the hotel just by myself, I searched for local hosts so I could meet new people. And thanks to that decision I had the best day ever.

I guess life is full of surprises and you never know what's waiting for you around the corner. Some days it's oranges with wine and an amazing company.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About mssunshine


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.