Existing Member?

Amazing Travels

Patience

USA | Thursday, 22 December 2016 | Views [296]

So most of us are aware that it takes patience to travel period, but to do it on one of the most traveled days of the holiday season ..... What was I thinking when I booked this trip. I must say a dumb mistake on my end (entering the wrong year of birth for my new husband, oops) turned into an hour and a half of waiting in line to fix this error. This was also one of those times however that  Andre and I looked around and realized, yes, we had to wait in a line that seemed like we would never make it to the front, but we also realized and quickly that our circumstances were better than about 98℅ of the others around us. A dose of patience is what many in that line had been forced to swallow.  This is where I had the time to observe the behavior of the customers service agents and how they were so beat up on by every personnel who stepped foot near their podium. A smile and a holiday greeting  was how I started our interaction. We made it through that endless line and welcomed the TSA line (much shorter and much sweeter) when we arrived at the gate I was very hungry and a bit thirsty for o boot. We went to a pannini/wine bar and encountered a man who clearly hated his job and when I ordered an Italian trio pannini, he rolled his eyes like he would rather be scooping cow manure. I took this as an opportunity ity to share some smiles and holiday cheer. I never cracked this old nut but I hope on his drive ho.e he finds what it is always to make him smile. We got on our flight, pulled out on the tarmack only to realize we forgot one of the mandatory flight attendants at the gate.... Back to the gate we went in our very easily manuvered 777-300. Now fully loaded, tired, delayed,  we are actually getting ready to start our honeymoon journey. Patience and good cheer we reiterated lessons today and yet, insane so few of both.....Dre and I will always find ways to entertain our selves. Flight was scheduled to depart at 12:35 AM It is now 2:30 AM, and I am really ready to get this bird in the air. 

Tags: airport delemas, planes

 

About mrs_jackson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.