Existing Member?

Integration

Cosmic Flow

USA | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [218] | Scholarship Entry

Nature has always been my greatest source of inspiration. This inspiration has led me to the pristine wonders of varied countries. At age 17, I sailed throughout the Caribbean, earing my PADI certification and coral reef conservation credit. It was this voyage that ignited my passion for travel photography. I was instantly absorbed with studying my environment through the viewfinder and capturing my experiences artfully. As I continued down the path of a traveling photographer, my love and respect for the world grew exponentially.

As I matured with this craft, I discovered the benefit and beauty of motion photography. I felt that I could bring about awareness more effectively by reaching out to people on a grander scale through the art of cinema. This is why I decided to study cinematography at University. Through my technical skill sets and passion to bring about awareness, I am dedicated to sharing nature’s magnificence on a large scale.

Living in Los Angeles for the past 4 years, I have been freelancing as a camera assistant, operator, and still photographer on TV, film, and documentary shoots. I have gained experience with the Alexa, RED, Sony, Panasonic, and Canon camera systems.

Working and learning under Brian Rapsey as apart of the World Nomads Colombia scholarship would offer me an invaluable opportunity in pursuing my career dream as a travel filmmaker.

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Maggie Schwab

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About mrose11


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.