Existing Member?

air mail

no more frogger

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 14 October 2008 | Views [220]

hi everyone i am in bangkok now last couple weeks have been really good.  since chiang mai we went to pai a cool little mountain town in the north of thailand it takes 4 hours to drive here but is only 140 km from chiang mai, apparently there is 762 curves in the road on the way.  Pai is like the thai equivalent of byron bay without the beach. full of relaxing bars chilled out people and lots of tourists.  we hired scooters here and went missioning round lots of small mountian villages and really picturesque waterfalls.  Scooters cost about 4 dollars a day so i hired one for all three while we were there. On one day we went for an elephant ride for two hours.  Nousk, Matt and I all riding bareback on one elephant i had the front seat, pretty much sitting on its head with my legs tucked behind its ears.  For the first hour we went riding through the jungle, the guide constantly stopping to pick magic mushrooms out of elephant shit along the way.  We then went to a river where the man who was tripping off his balls made the elephant squat lie down and stand up again repetitively in the water with us on its back simulating an elephant rodeo.  Everybody was cracking up with laughter especially the guide as we flew off the elephant into the water.  Nousk and matt left for pai on friday i decided to stay another day as its a great town i went for a walk and met some israeli guys who told me to come to a bar thats open all night where we smoked a shisha pipe and i met some really cool people including a lovely american girl named kim.  The next day headed back to chiang mai and then got on a train to bangkok that night.  The train was called a sleeper which made me think i would get a cabin with a bed, instead the train had normal seats you were given a towel and the lights were turned off.  It was about as smooth as as a pogo stick and sounded like a bowling ball in a washing machine.  yesterday morning arrived in bangkok and have not been to impressed so far this city is like the rest of thailand but without the nice parts.  Crossing the road is near impossible, people are constantly trying to rip you off, the air is grey and it smells like sewerage (sorry to any bangkok lovers maybe i m just tired) i have one more week before i leave bangkok so i have booked a holiday to penang in malaysia for the next week i will get back to bangkok the  same day  i fly out. 

p.s. my camera has broke along the way so there wont be any pictures till i get a new one

About mrlukenelson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.