Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

odd turn of events

IRELAND | Monday, 29 January 2007 | Views [883] | Comments [5]

So I will start where I left off. After my German friend left I pretty much spent the day in the hostel because the weather was miserable and I was tired from the previous days hike. I also wanted to get some reading done and write a bit. I went to the grocery and bought 3 baguettes, some sausages, and a can of tomato soup. Only cost me 3 Euro, not bad. I sat around reading and eating and managed to finish my book. I had my cup of tea and during I met two guys from the US who were backpacking around, Gary and Phil. Gary's a saxaphone player from Cork and Phil is a hippy from Alaska. Very cool guys. Phil and I took off for a pub playing music, had a pint, and listened to people sing American songs. We ended up meeting one of the American girls there who invited us to another pub so off we went again. We got to this one and sat with Jenna and Kyle, two american girls who then invited me to another pub. Around this time Phil took off, he had to hitchike early in the morning. We ended up at The Small Bridge yet again and during the course of the night Jenna asked if I wanted to come stay at their cottage instead of paying for a hostel. Well, yeah, why wouldnt I? The next morning I got a text telling me how to get to the cottage, packed my things up, said goodbye to Phil and Gary and set off for my new temporary home. Talk about a hike. They have a beautiful house, worth about 400,000 Euro that I get to stay in for free. The girls are great, very easy going, fun, they cook for me, I cook for them, help them clean. Its a great deal. I don't think I will be staying for much longer. I need to keep moving. Last night was interesting though. We ended up at The Small Bridge yet again, I made friends with the bartender, Carh is his name (sounds like call) so my drinks were cheap or free. We ended up staying after hours, they were playing poker, I was pouring them and myself pints. We stayed til 4 in the morning. It closes at 11:30. It just so happens that the owners nephew Doug was managing the place who happens to be best friends with Brian who is really good friends with Jenna. I dunno, it was fun. I promise I will get to my pictures today. I forgot to bring my camera with me. Toodles.

Alex

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Glad you are better and having so much fun...reading your journal makes my day better!

I will probably be the reapeating what already been said many many times....but I want pictures with you in them!

Keep safe and warm...and keep writing.

Miss ya...
-Katja

  Katja Smirnov Jan 30, 2007 7:05 AM

2

Miss ya kiddo, sounds like you are having a blast! :)

<3Aimee

  Aims Jan 30, 2007 8:06 PM

3

So I just looked at some of your pictures aaaaand...I fucking hate you, you lucky bastard, you.

Take care of yourself, watch your ass, and find a job!

  Meagan Jan 31, 2007 7:25 AM

4

Glad you are making so many new friends. We open in two days! My parents and everyone is coming in to town. Stay dry, stay warm, and stay safe. Love!
Jessica

  Jessica Jan 31, 2007 2:45 PM

5

This is all very nice Alex, but what I want to know is: are there any single, ELIGIBLE 40-50 year old Irish men looking for a single, 40ISH American woman who is willing to relocate to Ireland and make all their dreams come true (that would be me).

You know I'm just kidding, right?

  Jackie Feb 1, 2007 11:47 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.