Existing Member?

European drifter

The day before

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 2 September 2013 | Views [321]

In hind sight today was a bit crap for organisational reasons, firstly forgot to vote (I guess the labour safe seat of south Brisbane will have to do without my vote this time round....... Sorry Kevin). Secondly having noticed my travel cards (which in the previous week I spent a pain staking hour trying to load with foreign currency, it may as well have been doubloons as i for the life of me could not remember my password to access the account, this was compounded by the fact that my security question which I had selected personally made no sense whatsoever) were not to be seen anywhere in my packing, I rightly feared the worst. They had stowed away in my storage packing which was bound for a Warwick garage. Rightly fearing for my sanity with firstly not only having to que for hours at the bank to then pay for a second set, cancel the first set, try to explain that I need a new password and security question as I honestly don't remember if I had a capital in my password or if it was pets name then year of birth or the other way around and as for my security question I have no clue what my grandmothers fathers step sons middle name was on the paternal side. 

On the positives for the day I got to say farewell to many of the most important people in my life here in Brisbane over either a coffee or one of the many meals that were shared, so thanks guys for being a day brightener for me. I also discovered that I can infact fit all of the essential luggage required to survive life in the vast coldness of Europe. Some of the non essentials however not so lucky, it appears that my third Leeds jersey along with my my beard trimmer were both deemed not essential by the authorities and were unceremoniously tossed aside like yesterday's jam. 

All in all it was a successful day as all hurdles were overcome and in the morning we shall be boarding our flight test for our Korean stop over HORRAY. 

Tags: how not to, preparation

About mr_jimbo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.