Existing Member?

Always out there

unconscious dreams

INDONESIA | Friday, 7 August 2015 | Views [283] | Scholarship Entry

Hi, I´m Moritz, travelling, outdoor and sports filmmaker of German origin rotating between Europe and South East Asia for the last 3 years. After my studies of communication in Germany and Mexico, camerawork for the NGO 'Surf Aid' made it possible for me to roam for about half a year in the tsunami affected archipelago of the Mentawai islands, 14 hours off the coast of Sumatra. Postproduction for a succeeding project in the area for Indonesian tv giant Trans network, documenting Indonesian Superstar Iwan Fals playing an unforgettable concert with a children quire from a far out island made me root in the densest populated area our planet has to offer: The megacity of Jakarta. Since then I´m based in Bali shooting travel, surf and motorbike documentary content all around the Indonesian archipelago for the lifestyle brand Deus Ex Machina with our next film 'South to Sian' premiering in September. Occupied as directing assistant on commercial or music video shoots for the french production house ICONOCLAST, I spent my winters between Berlin and snowy Tirol, Austria. While living in the most touristic area of South East Asia and having encountered many Indonesian tribes, I feel a deep connection to native cultures and wish to be part of a movement encouraging a conservation through early teaching of sustainable tourism. I speak Spanish, French, German and Indonesian, and since my travels through central america dream of finding a reason to head a bit more south than Panama.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About moritzrichard


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.