Existing Member?

Australian Export Time to scratch that itch

San Fran

USA | Monday, 17 February 2014 | Views [262] | Comments [1]

San Francisco is most definately an interesting city. The inner city is like a mixed bag of lollies; some sweet, some sour, a few liquorice and a couple choc-coated nuts. I think it would be really hard to live in the inner city by choice. The streets are riddled with homeless people, tourists, drug dealers, shoppers, police and the local people trying to get to work. 

Arriving here less than 24 hrs ago and its been a blast already. Most people here are really helpful and friendly. The city itself is really compact, high rises and apartments squashed in like sardines. From what i've spoken with the locals here that most places are just one bedrooms places which can cost from $3500+ per month!!! So its crazy expensive to rent but i guess the general living expenses are low.

Chinese New Year parade (15/2/14) saw approx 100K people last night through the streets of China Town. It was mad crazy! People were standing on light posts and sitting on the rental bicycles to try and get a glimps of the epic parade. San Francisco is very hilly which gave a small vantage point for someone like myself who is really short compared to most people, however as the crowd drew close, it made it harder to see anything. Resulting in true Aussie form and met a chick from Melbourne too, who led me to meet other people from the Hostel and head off early for beers and dinner.

Thus far things are riding priddy smoothly. As this morning rolls on, the sun is coming out to display the epic-ness of this city. Im off to explore and to return with another story!

 

Comments

1

Love this!! <3 Looking forward to reading your updates xxx

  Tasha Feb 20, 2014 8:02 AM

About mooshie

Bangkok Temples

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.