Existing Member?

Homeward Bound

Panda's, pagoda's and Pizza

CHINA | Wednesday, 2 May 2007 | Views [520]

I arrived in Chengdu after an 18 hr train journey in hard sleeper, which actually wasn't too bad.  My first trip in Chengdu was to the Panda research centre, which was just great.  We got there at feeding time which is the only time of day that they are active ( soundslike lots of other people I know!) They are just the most beautiful animals, I couldn't resist having my picture taken with one even though it cost the equvalent of 10 nights accomodation, and he seemed happy enough munching away on his bamboo...

The rest of my stay in Chengdu hasn't been too exciting. I've gone off Chinese food a bit since I got sick in Dali, so have been eating western food but a very greesy cheesy pizza was my downfull and I got sick again.  So I'm sort of off food altogether at the moment, which is always good for my waistline...

I then had plans to go out of the city for a couple of days to go to a place called Emei Shan which is an ancient mountain with monkeys and monastries on it.  I forogt though that it was May holiday and it was complete madness trying to get a bus, so I didn't quite make that...

I finally made it out of Chengdu, although not doing quite everything I had planned I still had a good time. So next stop Tibet....

Tags: Misadventures

About moore_on_tour


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.