Existing Member?

Ozarks and Beyond If the Ozarks had a beach it would be almost perfect.

Surprise - It's Raining!

USA | Saturday, 6 August 2011 | Views [245]

Elephant House

Elephant House

Our first full day in Edinburgh and it has rained all day. While this may seem like a fairly formidable inconvenience a person has to admit that the result of all this rain is impressive. I generally consider Hawaii the greenest place I've ever been but I'm beginning to feel like Scotland may be giving it a run for it's money. I don't know that I've ever seen such beautiful flowers and lawns.

The picture I'm attaching today will either need no explanation or you will have absolutely no idea what this place is. It's the "Elephant House" coffee shop. Still don't know? Well, the Elephant House is where J.K. Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter novel. See, you either get it or you don't.

We took a very nice walking tour of the old-town of Edinburgh this morning and thoroughly enjoyed a partly sunny 62 degree day. It actually didn't start raining until after we came out after lunch around 1:30pm. After we returned back to our dorms the kids rehearsed their show while the rest of us napped. Yeah, I know but I'm not exactly 21 anymore. This evening we took in a musical called "Shhhh....". I thought is was pretty good but the kids spent the whole way back (1.1miles in the rain!) critiquing the show by which time I realized I only thought I enjoyed the show but instead found the staging weak and the character development lacking. Which goes to show you that physicist shouldn't moonlight as theatre reviewers.

Tomorrow the kids have tech rehearsal after lunch so I think I'll try to drop in on the National Museum of Scotland. Good luck and I'll try to talk to you tomorrow. Randy

About moore9503


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.