Existing Member?

Ozarks and Beyond If the Ozarks had a beach it would be almost perfect.

Still Prepping

USA | Thursday, 28 July 2011 | Views [385]

Our House!

Our House!

Anticipation continues to grow.  

I finished purchasing travel insurance this morning (WorldNomads or course)in spite of hoping I'll never need it.  I've only bothered with travel insurance once before, when we traveled to the Mediteranean, but since this trip was pretty intensive and I wasn't the one making the arrangement I felt like it was a good idea.

This trip will be a new experience for Denise, Taylor and me.  I usually spend a lot of time and effort on preparing for our trips as far as transportation and lodging are concerned and then simply letting the trip itself evolve as to what we see and do.  This time there is an itinerary for almost every moment of every day.  Even our free time is scheduled.  And to make matters worse, I have had no involvement whatsoever in the planning of this trip.  My controlling nature is about to melt down in frustration.

However, I have vowed that this trip will be an adventure that we'll never forget.  Just the thought of visiting places that were considered historical landmarks even before our country saw visitors that were not native Americans, is a little daunting.  The idea of seeing Taylor perform on stage with her friends with an international audience (however small and/or intimate the setting) is a little exciting as well.

I'll try to keep up with this journal.  Internet access may define that effort.  Plus, I've limited myself to my Nook Color so I won't be taking a laptop.  To some extent, unplugging is fairly important when I travel for leisure so I'm going to try to stick with that policy.

Thanks, and I'll try to check back once we're on the Road.

Randy

Tags: preparing

About moore9503


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.