Existing Member?

Some fresh raindrops.

The Metamorphosis.

AUSTRIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [224] | Scholarship Entry

We all are human beings, who tend to believe in distinct figures, considering age as a relative clause to describe the development of a person.
…I remember deep evening been setting in, and the grizzle city becoming drown into itself. Wind is lumping together odors of a church incense, caller waft from the river and first raindrops, magnetized right from the sky, creating puddles. People, bended and haunted by the whirl, avoid them; they escape even one from other, from unknown streets to familiar lanes. The are simply looking for cosiness.
Unlike us – me and my friend Sasha, - as we are going not exactly against the wind, but toward it.
The amateurish camera fixes swimming windows, impressions from lantern lights on the gray stone, couples, sitting at uncorked bottles of wine in fancy restaurants. Fragile feeling of equilibrium,– balance of people’s haste and peace.
I was going like the ewe lamb, watching and perceiving everything, as I understand it, or as it meant to be… Leisurely through the street, turning my head to the very left side, holding the camera, when suddenly I heard the bell’s ringing. Like protagonists do, I turned the whole body and saw the greatest building I could expected – Stephansdom.
For company’s sake of people, surrounding the church, I held my breath, and then quickly swallowed the air, in order to make again a deep breath with the new ringing. We were standing there, connected by the real art. It rarely happens for human to sense the harmony like that, not with the nature, but the building only, which itself seems to be gifted with a soul…
I thought I feel the fullness of life, but instead the images of it twinkled, as if I were dying…
-“Bomm!” – barefoot running through the grass, parents, a dog, and a huge house in the huge world.
-“Bomm!” – new territories, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, books-books-books.
-“Bomm!” – feelings and thoughts, dreams and future aims.
-“Bomm!” – crossroads, first experiences, black and white life stripes.
-“Bomm!” – high education, favorite engagement, chosen people, dusty roads, hitchhiking, yoga, and total freedom of body and mind.
-“Bomm!” – the final sound: the birthday of 18-year-old person inside of me. The happiest birthday.
The greatness of Vienna divides the reality and dreams in your mind. With every new set of a paved road, every flower pot on the balcony, every odd smile of a bicycle driver, you feel yourself fully and completed.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About monsoon


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.