Existing Member?

Costa Rican adventure

Life at Drake

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 17 November 2011 | Views [335] | Comments [1]

Well we have been here in Drake Bay for 10 days now and absolutely love this place, a very small village where the people are very friendly and there is not much to do but hike, kayak, and sit on the porch and bird watch with a beer in hand....Erin fell out of her kayak yesterday into the ocean and went for an unexpected swim. We have seen and been attacked by white faced capuchin monkeys, throwing things at us and trying to attack me as Erin played defense. We have seen Caimen, northern Tamandua (anteater family), Tyra (weasel family), Caracara, and a ton of other species. We planned to leave today, but there is a glitch in the plans. Due to all of the rain the bus does not come to the village, so we are going to have to get a ride from the hostel to the river that the bus can not cross, then once at the river we must cross it with our packs. We hear it is deep and swift, should make for an interesting adventure....once we cross the river the bus is supposed to pick us up at 1.30. Then off to La Palma....and then to Puerto Jimenez where we will spend about 5 nights.....So that is the update for now.....stay tuned for more....soon to come.... 

Comments

1

birdwatching with beer,. . .how aweful

and did you just have Erin throw rocks back?

  Angela Nov 20, 2011 11:40 AM

About monkeypoo

monkey hangin out

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.