Existing Member?

Costa Rican adventure

week two

COSTA RICA | Wednesday, 19 October 2011 | Views [338]

After leaving L Fortuna we traveled on a series of jam packed busses. La Fortuna to San Carlos to Puerto Viejo to Guaplies to Cairari all of which were jam packed and very hot.  We now know what sardines feel like, salty and jam packed into a metal container. From Cairariwe then took a local bus to pavona and finnaly got aboard a water taxi that took us through the jungle for about an hour before we reached the very remote location of Tortuguero. This trip took a total of about 18 hrs. before getting to our little tropical paradise. There are no automobiles and life is easy going and laid back. The locals are very kind, but english speakers are few and far in between. We absolutly love the local food, some of the best we have ever had. The beach is wonderful black sand with bath like water. We have purchased a machette so we can drink fresh coconut water, mmmmmm deliciouso.  Howler monkeys in the jungle behind our hostel are a welcome sound.  We plan on making the treck out of here in two days and tentitivly are headed to an even more remote part of the country. The Osa peninsula, first Drake bay, where the water is crystal clear, there are whales, dolphins, surfing, scuba, and just general beach paradise. The Osa is described as a zoo without bars....we are very exite. Still we have no way of downloading more pictures, but we are working on that so stay tuned..... We hope this finds you all well......

About monkeypoo

monkey hangin out

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.