Existing Member?

Local Encounters: South America

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 21 May 2011 | Views [355] | Scholarship Entry

In two short months, I will receive my degree in International Communications and Spanish. Having had the opportunity to travel in Chile and Argentina truly opened my eyes to the beauty that flourishes in this world. I learned so much about not only the people in South America, but about myself. I had the endurance to climb a volcano, I had the determination to survive five muggers with a pistol, I had the will to learn the language fluently, and I had the flexibility of immersing myself in the Chilean culture. I uploaded eight 10-minute video blogs of my journeys during my time away so that my friends and family could see what I was doing. Of course, the earthquake edition gained many YouTube hits.

All of my footage was caught on my iPhone, which hindered my ability to capture many events and adventures. With this scholarship, I want to gain direction into creating a great documentary that would further build my degree in International Communications and allow me to continue my journey to see the world.

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

About monicadugo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.