Existing Member?

Moin's magical mystery tour Hi di ho all.

Week 3

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 31 August 2007 | Views [602] | Comments [3]

Went to another cave in Phang-Nga called the elepehant cave. Went in, got in a canoe, then a abamaboo raft and then had to wade through thigh high water. Saw tiny bast and not so tiny bats that started squeeking when we flashed the light on them. I thought they were going to fly all over us so glad they didn't.

Got a VIP bus to Chumpon. they gave you a lunch bvox and we stopped off for a meal aswell. Thehostess even had a proper uniform. It was quality. More dodgy driving though. The Thai's are so relaxed...until they get behind the wheel. They show now emotion on thir faces though. Have been in the back of loads of pick up trucks. Felt like a rebel soldier ;-)

The only reason I was passing through Chumpon was to get the night ferryto Ko Tao. It was bloody cancelled though sohad to stay there one night. The cabbie tried to con me out of some moeny. He spoke decent enough English, until I asked him how much it was. I knwe he was going to do it so I only gave him 100 baht as opposed to the 200 he was asking for. You can't do me over that easily sunshine!!

Finally got to Ko Tao and met a cool girl called Caroline as was waiting for a taxi (Pick up truck) to Sairee beach. Sairee beach is the most chilled out place i've been too. I highly recommend it! Booked into a Padi course and revised for that and tried to pass it, but had problems equalising the pressure in my left ear for some daft reason so could only get 'scuba' certification as opposed to 'Open water'. Would recomend Siam divers though. Very chilled instructor named Choo

Went to Ko Phangnan, which again is very chilled out, but not as nice as Ko Tao (in my opinion). everything is spread out on this island so you can't just walk form place to place and there are steep hills o\so very easy to fall out of the pick up trucks/ Sawngtheaws that are used for public transportation on the island. Here for Full moon anyway which is a bit overrated. The ring around the moon when it is full is something special....Amazing as is the scale of the party, but it's lost it's charme that I imagined it to have and just reminded me of a bigger scale club 18-30 sort of thing. In other words a bit wank.

Recovering form the full moon sent me into full on lazy mode. Have met some cool people here. Mariajke(sorry I know that's incorect spelling), Dale, etc...

Back on Ko Tao now to try and complete my diving course. Love it here and have met cool people, but need to get back to the main land as the islands are making me very lazy In fact the most energetic thing I'm thinking of doing is getting a massage. How bad is that ?!?!

My last day on Ko Tao now as I've completed my open wtaer dive course. I highly recomend Siam divers. All of the instructors are very good.....and very patient with the moinster! Off to the mainland tomorrow morning.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Hello mate. Sounds like you're havin a blast and getting to some great places. we're proper jealous!
Got your post card at Millers the other day too.
Probably next month should be getting on line at home so will keep in regular touch via email etc too.

take it easy mate. all the best. Rich n Liz

  Trickster n Liz Sep 4, 2007 7:59 PM

2

Hi Moin,

Thank you for the postcard.

Looked at your leaving party photos the other night and laughed for ages at the stupid faces you and John are pulling on them.
Like the skinhead look! You look totally different.
Hear from you soon.
Beth x
John sends his love.

  Beth Sep 7, 2007 12:36 AM

3

Hey Moin,

Sounds like you're having a blast :-)
Diving is meant to be awesome in Thailand, so bite the bullet and get yourself an underwater camera...you know you want to, lol.
** RE: ear/sinus equalisation - I find equalising first on the surface helps before commencing the descent. Then lots of swallowing (non-porno style), mixed in with the normal "hold-nose and blow gently" method. Finally, the latter is easier when your head is upright (i.e. standing) rather than in horizontal swim position) ** Hope that helps...and enjoy!!

James

  James Bennetta Sep 11, 2007 11:23 PM

About moineyboy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.