Existing Member?

Mogsie's Wanderings

The Countdown is ticking

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 2 June 2008 | Views [333]

Well folks, the countdown is well and truly ticking: after all these months (and years) speaking about it I'm soon to be on my way! I've finally got moved out of the flat - thanks mum and dad for all your cleaning and endless trips to the tip - I told you we were almost there!! Lou thanks for putting me up - I just hope I don't drive you potty before I leave.

I've had a fantastic trip to Islay, a super night out with "the Spanish crowd" - Hola amigos - (Fiona, sorry if the spelling's not right but I'm trying not to be a perfectionist about it!!) and enjoyed myself on Saturday with the girls. Next week its the work's leaving do and then it'll be off down to see Fraser and the family and friends before setting out proper. I can't wait: any apprehension is far outweighed by the excitement.

For anyone who doesn't yet know - though I don't know how you've managed to escape my wittering on for the last couple of years - the route plan I have in my mind is: Ferry to Zeebrugge; to St Petersburg via Berlin Warsaw and Tallin; Trans siberian railway across to Vladivostock and back to Ulan-Ude; Mongolia; China/Hong Kong; Australia; New Zealand; South America to Nome, Alaska; home from Canada.

That's the thoughts at this stage anyway - only time will tell how closely i can or will stick to that at the end of the day.

Well, by my next entry I should have left the country and really be on my way - who knows I may even have managed to upload a few photos! But hopefully this will let all of you who were asking find my blog and see where you can catch up with the news before I get back and bore you all with endless photos and stories...

About mogsie08-09


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.