Existing Member?

The most topic center of the world, but sorry, it really is.

My treasure is me, there.

SPAIN | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [85] | Scholarship Entry

You know when you have thought so many times in your dream, that once it comes, you don't want it happen because you know that it will finish? Being in New York is still my only thought since I touched for the first time a photography book of the city. Either way, I don't mind, but I hardly want to be part of the city some day, and not just as a tourist.
When my father and I had the tickets plane, it was one of the happyest days of my life.
When finally we landed in JFK airport and went out to take a cab, it was one of the scariest times I have ever felt.
It was about six p.m. in a november afternoon and it was actually dark.I sow a huge line of people waiting for the same thing than us; that scene in the airport disappointed me a bit. It was a chaos, everyone was fighting to take one, the traffic was stressful and nobody seamed to help each others, I felt for a moment the city might conquer us, but finally we took one and went out of this crowded place.
My travel treasure? My discovery in the trip of my dreams? well, actually, me. I discovered in that specific moment while we were crossing Williamsburg bridge and I sow for the firs time Manhattan skyline shining illuminated in fornt of my that I wanted to stop the time and remain in that moment forever. It was my dream making real so it will be ending seven days later, it was so soon, it was so short, that was that moment which I was talking about at the beginning.
I would not like that anybody was feeling offended, but, I follow Columbia's and NYU Twitter, the Nweyorker, The New York Times... I watch movies because of they have been filmed in New York just to feel my shelf near my dream... So yes, the whole world is a beatiful place -most of time- but New York is my world center.
The first night I walked down the street alone because my father was tired; it was raining softly but it was even pleasant. I didn't know exactly where to go but, what matter? what matter if you are just where you wanted. The streets were almost empty and it was a bit shoking for me, because I thought New York never slept. Wait, it is true, are people who sleep but New York is allways waiting for your steps in each corner of each skyscraper making you feel tiny or may be the king of the world for having come to the top of yours.
In any case, this is not about the place or the name of the city, it has to do with how makes you feel this place.
I didn't find just one awesome place in New York, I found that New York is my place.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About mixes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.