Existing Member?

Travels in the life of Laila

3 memorable months in Africa

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 6 December 2007 | Views [522]

I have come to the end of my stories and my trip. I have been back in London for a few weeks now and it is amazing how quickly you settle back into life. But you never forget the experiences, the people and the little things that happened along the way. I'm not going to get all deep and talk about what I learnt, well, not really. I did learn a few things from my trip:

1. Don't sit under a coconut tree. I saw many a coconut fall within a few feet of me and it is hard to describe the weight of a coconut and the force that it hits the ground. It could be fatal.

2. The saying Elephants Never Forget is true.

3. Sleeping in a tent is far superior to sleeping in a bed in a room with a holey mosquito net.

4. Be careful what you wish for- in the last few weeks in Dar when the heat was getting unbearable, I missed the cold and rain in London.

I think the heavens heard me, as in my last week in Dar it rained non stop. I'd like to think it was a case of "Don't cry for me Tanzania" but really it was much needed rain after months of drought and a sign that it was time for me to head home to my own weather dramas.

Saying that it is great to be home. And my trip is never far away as I have some fab photos to remember it by. If you are on facebook check them out. If not, there is your reason to sign up now!

Thanks for reading this and for sending me such positive and encouraging comments...it's been a lot of fun writing.

Watch out for the next trip!
Laila xx

Tags: adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.