Existing Member?

Travels in the life of Laila

The serious part of my trip

TANZANIA | Friday, 2 November 2007 | Views [578]

I got back to Dar on Monday and since then have been just settling back in....catching up with family and friends and organising my next project (and last before I come home) which is volunteering.

I am hoping to spend a few days/ a week visiting some orphanages run by the Diana Women's Empowerment Organisation (DIWEO), they are across Tanzania- and it should be really interesting to spend some time with the children and see the work that the Organisation does.

Update - The trip is confirmed- I leave tomorrow for 5 days to visit Centres in Tanga (where my dad was born), Lushoto, Muheza and Morogoro. Lushoto is in the Usambara Mountains which is lush hilly climes. It sounds like amazing countryside and really exciting work. I am travelling with one of the founders of the Organisation and another member. So I am looking forward to it. We have stocked up on goodies for the kids, exercise books, pencils, rubbers (I want one of each, I love stationary!!!), and also socks and blankets, soap and other basics.

I will report back after my trip.

L x

Tags: adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.