Existing Member?

The Adventures of Miss Angela I'm setting off out into the world and may not be back for some time.... First stop - Melbourne, then onto Beelsby, UK, and Europe from there.

The Countdown Begins...

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 15 February 2007 | Views [318]

In less than 5 weeks, I'm going to be pacing the floors of Dunedin International Airport, anxiously waiting to board my big yellow metal bird to Melbourne. This will, of course, have been preceeded by an ocean of tears at saying good-bye to my family and Guy, from whom I will probably have had to be prised. Let's just say that by the time I get on the plane, I'll be red-eyed and sniffly. This all makes it sound like I'm not excited about going. Don't get me wrong, I definitely am, but it is going to be tough saying good-bye and I'm already dreading it. I just need to keep telling myself that (a) I'll shortly be in Melbourne with the other half of my family, (b) I'll be seeing Guy in 6 weeks and he's the one who has to stay at home for a while, missing me, and (c) my parents will come for a visit when we're somewhere exotic.
So let's see....5 weeks before leaving the country and what have I still got do?? Um....pretty much everything. Luckily, Melbourne is a familiar place and I've got no apprehensions about what to expect - almost like a mini OE before the big step. My biggest struggle for now is trying to decide which shoes and what clothes MUST come with me.....oh, the turmoil!

Tags: The Planning Phase

About miss_angela


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.