Existing Member?

Cheira bem, cheira a Lisboa!

Cheira bem, cheira a Lisboa! - A not common guide

PORTUGAL | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [190] | Scholarship Entry

Lisbon is a magical city. Her exactly definition is "the Empire at the end of the decadence", as Verlaine would have said.
It's not a big city, a metropolis like you can imagine London, or Paris, or Milan. It's more like a hamlet where you have to lost yourself to find treasures, like the Palacio and the Jardim das Necessidades, a little jewel hidden near Lapa and Estrela.
I think the best you can see in Lisbon is her street art. Everywhere in the city you can discover corners of walls decorated with beautiful drawings. Take the metro and exit in Picoas, or try to find the murales dedicated to Josè Saramago. About the great writer, you can visit Casa dos Bicos, where there is the Fundaçao Saramago, entirely to the autor's work. In front of the Casa, there's a little tree. There, the ashes of Saramago are buried as he wished.

Lisbon is also a magical city for the food. You can eat a lot and spend a very small amount of money. The main dish, in Portugal, is the bacalhau - the codfish. Cooked wiith sour cream, with potatoes, with onions, it's said that the portugues have a different recipe a day for a year, so they can eat every day a different meal with codfish. Amazing! Then, you can taste rice, black beans, and a lot of meal. So, there is something good for all tastes - and you can trust me, I'm an Italian girl who like to cook and to eat!

Then, the wind and the sea. If you go to Lisbon you can enjoy surfing and, of course, sunbathing. Near Lisbon there are a lot of amazing and beautiful beaches - like Praia de Magoito or Praia de Sesimbra, for example. Portugal's waves are the best ones to learn surfing but also the enjoy the marvelous perfum and the amazing sensations that only the Ocean can give you.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About miribarone


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.