Existing Member?

MiracleSkies

Miracle Skies

USA | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [98] | Scholarship Entry

No one should be up at this ungodly hour. Pitch dark, the third car in a long single file line, on some back country road. It's too dark to see the row after row of Almond trees in full bloom, beautiful to look at, horrible on the nose and eyes. The darkness loses its grip as the light infinitesimally creeps in. Revealing almond tree soldiers, standing erect against the gray sky. From my position in line the dark towers of the prison stand sentry over the prison compound. My road trip to the desert town of Chowchilla where my younger sister is serving her punishment. My head rests against the worn green headrest, blue eyes taking in the art show nature is displaying for me. As the sun rises, peach transitions into a warm Baja orange. Indigo still reigns on the horizon line, in stark contrast to dark cinder block, and glinting silver electric fences. Inside my hope for a better future rises warming with the colors in the sky. Now from crayola orange to creamy yellow. Almond Trees in full billowy regalia, a soft wind making it snow blossoms all over everything. I've been to the most exotic locals, seen my share of beautiful sunrises, this one, topped them all. Hope the background of healing to a place of lost hope.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About miracleblue


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.