Existing Member?

A journey into the fast auto world

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

I am from India and was studying in law school back then. I happened to enter a contest and by answering few questions correctly; I made my way into the final round of a contest. Prize winner was to get a ticket to Malaysia plus an opportunity to visit Sepang to drive Formula 1 cars. Luckily, I made into the last round and won the grand prize. In no time, I was packing my bags and was at the airport. A girl with no driving license would be an F1 car driver seemed adventurous & yet very scary. But, I was all set to see the world with a brand new perspective. Travel alone, make my own decisions and most importantly return home safe and hopefully wiser. My journey commenced with the hustle bustle of Kuala Lampur. I managed fairly well with the touristy sightseeing et all. But, I was thinking about the next day constantly- when I would hop into the car and drive around the circuit. In no time, I was face to face with my dream car and was all set to drive it. I never thought that an ordinary girl like me from a conservative family would get this kind of chance. I was driving the car very fast and in all the excitement; I lost control and hit the car into the side turn of the road. God willing, I was fine but the car was damaged and since it was a radio contest they broadcasted this news on the radio and all my family and dear ones were worried for my well-being and to build-up the suspense they continued to play the same news again and again. I wasn’t carrying my phone with me so I was totally unaware of the situation but later everything was all right after I spoke to my parents and reassured them that all’s well.
Bottom line from this episode is that Life has unexpected treasures waiting for us- we just need to respond to them so that we align to those great chances that are offered to us by god.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About miomo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.