Existing Member?

Minga

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [736] | Scholarship Entry

On arriving in Australia I started to hear many familiar stories during my local encounters with which I have deeply identified. The majority of these persons of previous generations came here due to the Second World War or due to the war that happened in Vietnam, being forced to leave their roots in search of better opportunities. Most significant is the question of displacement and the oblivion of our own traditions.

I had different challenges in making this documentary. First of all, in finding a narrative line to describe my own perception of a topic as vast as immigration and in synthesizing it into a short documentary of 3 minutes of duration.

Also, achieving a certain technical quality with the use of very limited resources was not easy, considering that all I have is a camera and an editing equipment. And last, creating a production with very limited budget.

My dream, is to make documentaries that describe the multiple human situations that develop around the world from the personal vision of a person that born and that has lived in a country full of socially and politically problematic and in turn of incalculable beauty due to his cultural and natural diversity.
For me, the images are the my way with which I relate to the world and also a way of meeting to me itself.

Currently I am living in Australia as a student, but the reason why I came here is because I would like to continue the work I started when I was living in Colombia, making social, environmental and ethnic documentaries, so if I win this scholarship it will be a good starting point to make my dreams came true.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About mingafilms


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.