Existing Member?

Sinead and Joey's Adventures This is the Adventure journal of Sinead and Joey, its purpose is to keep family and friends informed on our status in the world. We will be adding details and pictures when we get the chance, so feel free to check back and see where we are this week!

October 29- Nov 1

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 17 November 2007 | Views [484]

Monday 29th

Baking day! A couple of volunteers from Iguanan Chocolate stopped by to check out our awsome baking skills. They have a cobb oven but haven´t mastered it like Joey yet. Baking is an all day event. Sinead ended up helping cook every meal of the day. She should probably get paid. We also found out that Jake a Gringo boyfriend/ Alaskan Fisherman, in town got a waterborn bacterial infection of the blood similar to Denge. He got it from our swimming hole! So, we aren´t allowed to swim anymore until the rainy season ends. Joey is very sad.

Tuesday 30th 

We began our final step on the shower floor. We sifted sand and mixed a concrete grout mixture with it. We finished most of the floor missing a few sections. Rae also left this morning. She was one of the slacker volunteers, so we weren´t to broken up about it. We also got two new volunteers at night. Rebbecca and Erin. They seem pretty chill, but they are vegan making cooking just a little more difficult.

 

Wednesday 31st 

Halloween!! We finished the floor in the morning. It looks great, better than expected. Perfect for our first concrete trail and error. After lunch we all hurried to get our costumes together. Joey decided to be Imperial King. He even had a bottle cap septor. Sinead was Fauna and glued and stapled leaves to a bikini. It looked great before we left. Didn´t think it was going to be as cold as it was either. After gathering our things Mat drove us 2 and 1/2 hours to Ciudad Colon. The town were U Peace is. We came to meet up with Lyndsy and Amy for the towns Halloween party. After enjoying the best Costa Rican Pizza we went to were the party was supposed to be, just to find out it had been cancelled because of rain. We were the only 6 people in town in costume. We all went back to Amy´s house for our own party picking up some beers, a spaniard named nacho, and a canadian who sounded Irish along the way. We popped open a bottle of champagne for Sinead´s birthday at 12:00.

 

Thursday 1st

  Sinead´s B-day! We woke up to kittens playing with our feet at Amy´s house. Got to watch tv for the first time in 2 months. Don´t miss commercials.We did find out important news on CNN. Earthquake in San Fran, and Lance Armstrong is dating Ashley Olsen. Don´t know which one is more disturbing. On our way home we ran errands in Puriscal for the Ranch. We got home mid afternoon and Joey spent the rest of the day making birthday pizza´s for dinner. 21st birthday was really mellow.

Tags: Adventures

About millmanapalm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.