Existing Member?

Emma & Maneesh on the Big OE

The Discovery of the Milk Markets

IRELAND | Sunday, 2 November 2008 | Views [542]

Antipasto heaven

Antipasto heaven

 

TUESDAY 28TH – SUNDAY 2ND NOVEMBER

After a nice long weekend, it was same old same old for me (more weekend really) and Em was back to work. Tuesday bought bad news. My application with the physio board was up for review, or so I thought. What they were actually doing was looking over it to decide if they had enough information, and at least they decided they DID have enough info. However the committee only meet once a month, so I will not be starting work as a physio at the earliest until the end of November. So frustrating!

It was a largely uneventful week. However on Friday morning, the 31st, Em rang me to say someone at work had some work for me, well their husband did. In the afternoon, I went into town and met with David, an orthodontist, and started work there that afternoon which was great. It is only three and a half days a week, but better than staying at home. I am just doing office work. So that was a good end to the working week.
On Saturday we got up earlish and walked into town to go to the “Milk Markets”. It was a really good lot of markets, lots of nice cheeses, breads, jams, fruit, spices, salamis and antipasto things. It was nice to actually find something like this, so we bought a few bits and pieces. The markets bought Europe to us early really, we weren't quite expecting things like this in Limerick or Ireland, we thought we would be waiting until we got to places like Italy and Spain. After the markets we wandered around town and did a few odd jobs. Em finished knitting my scarf – I chose the wool and she finished it in 3 weeks (record time!). It even has tassles (see photos).

On Sunday after lunch we took a drive to Bruff, a small town about 20km away. Joe was playing rugby, and we went to watch. We arrived, hopped out of the car, and the first people we started talking to were kiwi's from Murchison who were over on five weeks holiday.

It was a rather cold day, but wasn't raining thankfully. Em even got the long-johns out. After the rugby, we went back to Joe's house and had a cuppa tea, and that rounded out our week really. Now we have almost everything sorted it will be time to start planning trips in the coming weeks to get around Ireland.

About milko_rosie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.