Existing Member?

observer of the new world

On the shore of the estuary: life without water

UKRAINE | Tuesday, 18 August 2015 | Views [218] | Scholarship Entry

I work as a journalist for 3 years. But during that time I understand, that I'm more interested not just in news reporting, but I want to give people more complex view on the life, which is around us. So that's why I have a dream to film documentaries - films about exploring of human nature and world traditions. I've already made few steps to my dream. I've begun to film people stories in Ukraine. They mostly connected to social conditions of the life. I also took part in the project of documentary about IDPs from the East of our country, where the war is now. It's film about their searching of new life in new circumstances.

What about this project? I think, that for me it's a perfect opportunity to make my bold dream come true. I cannot stay long for one place, I like to travel. And the world of Columbia seems so mysterious to me, I want to discover it with my camera, to show the beauty and ugliness via my director view. And also it's a chance to work with such a professional as Brian Rapsey. I think right now I'm on the way and I need a teacher, whose expirience and knowledge will inspire me and give me something to improve my skills. I know that I need much to do in my life to become a real professional documentary filmmaker, but this trip to Columbia can be a great challenge for me as a person, as a professional, as a dreamer. I'm so excited even just thinking about it. And I'll be so glad to get this opportunity, this wonderfull chance to exercise myself.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About milissime


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.