Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Getting there...

FINLAND | Wednesday, 28 March 2007 | Views [539] | Comments [1]

We are actually doing it for real!

For long going to South America for a longer period has been a dream for me as I feel there isn't much for me to experience at the touristy hells of Asia and now it's coming true, we booked our tickets today!

In the classic Hollywood style I'd like to thank God, Country and Mom for everything, even though none of them had much to do with the trip, damn, my mom didn't even pay for it.

People

We were planning to go as a threesome with two friends, but sadly one of us didn't get away from the pressures of work and has to suffer reading about our adventures on this journal.

I'll be travelling with Heikki, who is a truly spontaneous and fun guy to spend time with. I'm afraid what we'll get into during our trip as neither of us is not really of the quiet and calm type that considers everything twice, and after that rechecks. Well atleast it won't be boring to us or our readers.

Tickets

The biggest part of getting there was booking the tickets, we were aiming for Buenos Aires (Argentina) as the starting point of our trip and Rio De Janeiro as the end point. Sadly this didn't come true because of airlines and their incomprehensible logic.

In the end we ended up booking two different trips and combining the tickets as the availability of some of the cheaper tickets happened to end just a day before we were supposed to book them. We are going from Helsinki to Madrid on 16th July and spending there two days, on 18th of July we will fly to Buenos Aires and Travel around the continent for 8 weeks until we return to Finland.

I'm sure not anybody, even if they're working for airlines can explain to me how their ticket pricing works as the cheapest trip from Madrid to Buenos Aires goes trough Santiago and the Cheapest trip from Madrid to Santiago goes trough Buenos Aires. Same airline, same day, somebody must be on really good mushrooms.

Planning

Now is the time for planning of the travel iteniary, if you readers would like to give any hints, comments etc. regarding that, please post them as I'll be more than happy.

The rough outline should be something along the lines of Buenos Aires (Argentina) -> Santiago (Chile) -> Cusco (Peru) -> La Paz (Bolivia) -> Something (Somewhere)-> Buenos Aires. We are planning to visit Machu Pichu, Lake Titicaca and Salar De Yuni, what other places should we consider that aren't too far off the trail?

Cheers!

 - Mikko

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

ihq da!!

  Marko Kanninen May 5, 2007 10:15 AM

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.