Existing Member?

miketv's journal

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 6 October 2012 | Views [394] | Scholarship Entry

In this video I wanted to focus thematically on the “Freedom to Travel” by telling the story of Esteban, an immigrant trapped in a broken system. I also wanted to showcase Tim’s natural abilities as a Presenter/Host.
Tim and I have been working together for the past six years on short, narrative films. Most of the films we’ve made together have been for the 48 Hour Film Project where teams write, direct, shoot, and edit films in just 48 hours. I’ve also completed a travel video entitled ‘A Search for the Sweet Spot: Travel through Vietnam and Cambodia’, from a recent trip to SE Asia.
This scholarship would help to fuse my two passions, Travel and Filmmaking, by providing the resources needed to create a really FUN and ADVENTUROUS series of videos. Tim and I have a great rapport. We’ve met deadlines, overcome obstacles, and won awards. WHAT WE NEED is the knowledge of a mentor (Trent O‘Donnell) to take us to the next level, and the support of an established and respected network (WorldNomads, Nat Geo) to help share our work with others. In short, we need a BREAK! We’ve worked passionately on our crafts. With a little help, we can turn dreams into careers.

About miketv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.