Existing Member?

Mike & Mag's World Adventure

5 year anniversary

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [543] | Comments [4]

Kia Ora-

Currently I'm sitting her at an internet cafe in Aukland NZ.  The smell of urine is so strong I'm going to make this fast. 

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that keep commenting and sending emails.  We love to hear news of home, especially when KU is doing so well and the weather that there is snow.  Of course I have quite a nice tan by now and have been hanging out at the beaches almost daily.

Tonight Mike and I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary by going out to a nice Indian Restaraunt and spoiling ourselves with lots of wine and dessert.  Oh and we also splurged for the double room for some privacy... the dorm just didn't seem appropriate. 

Travel is going well.  We are just waiting to head to Australia and hopefully will catch a flight to Cairns a city near the Great Barrier Reef to do some snorkeling, scuba diving, and surfing.  NZ has been great and of course we don't have near enough time to check everything out so hope to return some day! 

Cool things to share:

Here they have the half and whole flush toilet levers.  Half flush for #1 and full flush for # 2.  It's a water conservation thing.  Pretty neat huh?  Also the most common phrases are "Choice" which means cool and "Getting Pissed" which means bloody drunk.. Also the vibes here are so chill that anything goes, "No worries" is so commonly used and it's true here.  Things seem very safe and the people are genuinely kind and relaxed.  Plus it's incredibly hip to be sustainable and you see green practices everywhere!  I love it!

So talk later.  Love you and Miss you all!

Maggie

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Happy anniversary you guys. It looks like you are having a hell of a time. The beach looks great, I just scrapped ice off my shitty ford taurus for the last two days. Live it up, you are on the trip of a life time.

  David Feb 1, 2008 4:20 PM

2

Hey Guys,
It's nice to hear that you're doing so well and happy annivesary!!

  Jen Feb 2, 2008 3:32 AM

3

Hi Guys,
Happy Anniversary!!
We are most jealous of your presence in a warm clime.
Maggie, Mom & I are making plans for "Academy Award Night", wish you were going to be here. Have tons of fun you guys-Love you both!!!

  Marsha & Jim Feb 4, 2008 8:38 AM

4

Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy yourselves--you're only young once ( except in my case--forever ) Can't wait to hear of your adventures on the canoe trip in July. j&d

  John Willis Feb 10, 2008 5:38 AM

About mikephall83


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.