Existing Member?

How a 6month trip can end up as 12years and two Kids.

My Mat Max's Mum

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [171] | Scholarship Entry

I'm Michael Boyle, I’m an artist, filmmaker, writer and a bit of a Jack-of-all-trades 'creative' looking for new life and work opportunities. I graduated with a 2:1 in TV Production at Bournemouth University, with a 1st for my Graduate Documentary. I'm currently writing and illustrating a poetic children's book about the rainforests of South America, its animals, deforestation and habitat loss. During the two years since my degree I have been living independently, working in retail as I try to find my break as a documentary filmmaker. Last summer volunteering at a language school, I met many new friends from all over the world, including South America and Columbia. The passion and love they spoke with, about South America, has made me very eager to explore this region; So This opportunity, to meet the people of Columbia and to document there world in film, would be an absolute honour. I recently gave up independence and moved back home to unpaid work experience with Clover Films, assisting on the postproduction of their latest film for Al Jazeera 'Living under Drones'. It was a great experience and now I'm looking to gain valuable production experience on location and I believe this trip, is the perfect opportunity. I feel my skills as a filmmaker and photographer would make me an asset to the team and with the mentoring of Brian Rapsey this trip would be an excellent opportunity to help me start my career, further inspire my children's book and truly change my life forever.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About mikebfilming


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.