Existing Member?

Our Excellent Adventures Changing our latitude to match our attitude. Even if only temporarily----this time!

Letting Carra know we were going to Costa Rica.

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 15 June 2014 | Views [326]

In 2013 I had hoped to be making the trip we are embarking on in August 2014. It didn't work out then. That didn't stop me from planning though. I went ahead and booked the upcoming trip in July 2013. I ddn't tell my wife about it at the time. Yeah, I know hell to pay, right?

It seems that Carra is having a milestone birthday in August 2014, and due to various circumstances we were unable to really celebrate either our 25th or 30th wedding anniversaries.

So in September 2013, while we we on a much needed vacation, I pulled out all my CR info and my Kindle and played Eddie Money's "Two tickets to Paradise" for her. Technically didn't have the air tickets, but close enough. Yeah, she was surprised, although hesitant because of language, and that I had scheduled white water rafting and a two hour horseback ride around Lake Arenal. She is good with the zip-line, the hot springs resort spa and several days at the beach though.

 We depart Altanta Sunday August 17. Nine weeks and counting down.

Tags: planning

About mikeandcarra


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.