Existing Member?

Where to next?

DUCATI!

FINLAND | Wednesday, 2 July 2008 | Views [360] | Comments [2]

The Ducati riding experience was awsome. I so glad I went. I started the day in the fast group with an english speaking italian journelist as my instructor. As I was still getting used to the bike and the track I was quite a bit slower than them. After the 2nd session I changed groups and my new instructor was a 3 times world sidecar champion. He was also involed in the development of new bikes. Monza is an intersting track to ride around as it has very fast straights that lead into really slow corners. The main straight I was getting over 284kph everytime and the next corner was 2nd gear 60kph. Lots of high speeds and hard braking. Awsome fun :)

They gave us a show bag too with a t-shirt and catalogues, and they had a prestentation at the end and we all got certificates, a badge and David, my instuctor gave me his business card. We had a chat after and he said to keep in touch and he could let me know before the release date about up coming days. Maybe I'll come back next year.

Assen was good fun, a very different vibe to spain and italy. It was a lot more subdiude. The camp ground was quite civilised too. Food and beer were cheap but the food sucked, but the 500ml beers for $5.60AU made up for it. The same sized beer in spain, at the gp, was about $18AU.

I got into Helsinki last night and will be checking it out this afternoon after washing my clothes, which are about 9 days old. Yeah a bit gross. Last night though it was only darkish for about 2-3 hours and it wasn't that dark. I couldn't sleep so was still awake when the sun started coming back up at about 2:30. I'm get lagged and all I've done is travel north.

Off to New York tomorrow which I'm looking forward too. One of my room-mates is from the US and he was pretty excited for me being there on the 4th of July.

I'm having an absolute ball and so much is happening I'm only really telling you about 10%. I better go and get my washing.

Mickle

Comments

1

Happy 4th Of July! Is it just good timing (again) or did you plan to be in the States for this holiday? I'm guessing ticket-tape parades, national pride & a general overload of the redwhite&blue is whats in store for you. Have fun!

I was feeling very satisfied (if a little sick) last night after half a box of chocolates.
THEY WERE AWESOME! Except for the wierd pistassio flavoured one (green goo and white choclate seriously should not mix!!!)

Hugs and stuff
Tess

  Tess Jul 4, 2008 9:21 AM

2

P.S.
I ate the green goo anyway. (It had come too far not to go in my belly)

  Tess Jul 4, 2008 9:23 AM

About mick2077


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.