Existing Member?

The Call Of Travel

L'Appel De Voyage

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [188] | Scholarship Entry

I’m in my second year of the Bachelor of Entertainment Industries at the Queensland University of Technology; a degree primarily revolving around the business aspects of producing entertainment content across all platforms - and with an elected second major in Film & Television Studies requiring also a creative perspective, I am very passionate about all aspects of filmmaking.

I am also an incredibly eager traveller. I adore adventure and immersing myself in different cultures to learn more about history and modern social climates. I have always desired to travel to South America, and I find Colombia a particularly interesting country; with its impressive biodiversity, fascinating history, and ethnically diverse communities, it would surely provide inexhaustible inspiration for storytelling.

It would be a privilege to be mentored by Brian Rapsey, as I admire his effortlessly natural and observational style in capturing footage. With a personal interest in film editing, I would also love the opportunity of working in the post-production process for this project in a professional setting.

Receiving the travel scholarship would of course be an amazing opportunity for me, and I would make the most of it by being a tenacious and enthusiastic participant. I have a genuine interest and passion for documentary filmmaking and storytelling, as well as travelling and sharing these experiences with others.

Thank you for your consideration,
Mia Finley

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About miafinley


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.