Existing Member?

The Journey We live in an amazing world. Travel it.

A Look Alike Stranger

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [794] | Scholarship Entry

The story began when two employees for some reasons dying caused by their boredom of routine. Then both of us arranged airfares in the same date for 5 days. It was 2 month before the date.

2 days before the day. My friend cancelled her due to urgent matters. I was afraid and nervous. I made a call to some friends hoping if they interested to taking holiday with me to Thailand. No one offered me a positive result. Means, I had to go alone.

I did solo travel several times, in town, out of town, overseas. But, to travel alone in a country with different language, would be my first time. Travel alone is a challenge. Travel to country with different language is another challenge. Being in a country with very few people who speak English is one another challenge. To travel alone in a country with different language and only few people can speak English is triple challenge for me.

Or maybe it’s not about challenge, maybe the universe is telling me that I need to seize myself and floated when I am alone. Definitely alone, with no one can understand me and I understand no one. Maybe universe wanted to educate me how to survive. Maybe it leads me to something. Or maybe I have to stop thinking and just do it.

Two days before departure. It had been used for prepare. Listing words and places’ name that most probably use in Thai, then I converted them. Google was my hero.

Packing. Change the money. Study about the cities. Book a room for the first night. All complete. Hope so.

And the day has came.

Then the next story were about lessons to keep chose joy when I get lost, finished out the money. It was about how we need to make an extra effort to get what we want, even everything seemed not going our way. It was about a feeling of being champion when we passed the challenge.

To get lost and confused are process to get answers. To being travelled and being stranger are lessons how life is about how to connect and explore. To being alone is to being told that we need to trust ourselves first, others will follow.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About mia_adiyani


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.