Existing Member?

Anything Goes "And there's no cure like travel to help you unravel the worries of living today. When the poor brain is cracking there's nothing like packing a suitcase and sailing away." (Anything Goes, There's no cure like travel)

Update 2016-11-06

USA | Sunday, 6 November 2016 | Views [194]

Hello! 

I have been in Auckland now since Thursday (Nov, 3).  Its a beautiful city and I have really enjoyed exploring the museums, landmarks, and even climbed a active volcano.  But I am ready to move out of the city and explore the rest of New Zealand.  My next stop is Whangarei (pronounced phan-ga-rei).  Ange says its another city like atmosphere which I think will be fine... I guess I will easy myself into the country.  

Ange and Gerard have been my hosts since arriving to NZ.  They have been truly wonderful people and I owe them a bottle of whiskey (Anges drink of choice) when I swing back through Auckland to thank them for their generous hospitality.  

The family I am staying with is my first help exchange.  I am feeling nervous but I think once I arrive that will go away.  I am providing child care, spring cleaning and gardening help so it shouldnt be to hard and if it goes well then maybe I'll stay on with them for an extra week.  Fingers crossed!

Anyways I am off to find some lunch before it starts to rain.  

Bye for now!!

About meweisma


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.