Existing Member?

Monkeys on the Loose One day we woke up and said...

udaipur (part 3) and COCHIN (to be continued) 16-09-09

INDIA | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [221]

our morning in udaipur was a little hectic, after checking out we sped to the city palace to get a boat ride on hte lake and to jagmandir island. we missed the 10 o'clock boat so we had to wait til the 11am one, though that meant leaving it very tight for our taxi to the airport. nonetheless we were determined so at 11 we hopped onto the boat and rode all around the lake to the island. to our dismay, not only was the island nothing but an overpriced restaurant, but we were abandoned there for a lot longer than promised and also risked missing our flight!
our first flight, to mumbai, was just over an hour and a half and was surprisingly fun (food and tv!). on arrival in mumbai - after an emergency rush to the toilet (either the samosa or the ice tea) we discovered that our onward journey to cochin was to have another stop-off in mangalore. so after three take-offs and three landings - and an acquaintance with an overprotective father of three from kochi - and a final hour and a half drive later - we arrived, pretty intact, to our hotel. a very chilled place - take off your shoes at the entrance - and feel free to play the guitar or check out the bookshelf, but with an anfortunate strong musty smell which verged on the acrid smell of wee.
we finally got into bed under a funky pink mosquito net for a pretty long nights rest and woke up the next day to the sound of fun sounding tropical birds whose loud chirps were different to anything we'd heard before!

About mella_ron_2009


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.