Existing Member?

Writing the World onto Paper

Writing out of a Suitcase

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [340] | Scholarship Entry

Recently I’ve been connecting with people from all walks of life, helping to tackle their barriers as I place them into work. I’ve enjoyed my job as an employment consultant, but I’m restless too, itching to get out and explore the threads that tie people together and set us apart. I want to be pushed to my limits learning about the world, beyond the safety net of my city. I studied journalism because storytelling is my passion.

I volunteer at 2SER educational radio station and value the mentoring I get as an unpaid reporter for the Wire program, which is a training ground for aspiring journalists. I also assist a web design company with copywriting in my spare time, and I’m learning video production skills.

I’m working towards a journalism career and I’ve been published a few times, mostly through an unpaid internship at the Sydney Morning Herald.

Video is a powerful tool for bringing stories to life, it adds another dimension, allowing viewers to see what’s happening on the ground with our own eyes, as if we are there. My limited film experience shows me that capturing this is challenging, as it’s not enough to find a brilliant story, you need clear audio and footage too.

I’m keen to learn the best ways to create quality content from filmmaker Brian Rapsey, so I can broadcast unique stories through this intimate medium.

Thank you,

Melissa

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About melila


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.