Existing Member?

20WOC

Sicker than a shit house rat

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 22 November 2011 | Views [308]

I was feeling smug the other day when I had spent 3.80 on my yummy fish lunch and later learned one of the others had spent 38.00 on a club sandwich.  However I spent yesterday morning in A&E at the hospital and they did not.

Hells bells I never knew diarrhoea could be like that!  And I have vomited for 20 hours.

I'm not saying it was the fish, it could equally have been the long hours in the sun.  It was the prawns at the dinner with the orchid people that made me suddenly queasy and I just made it back to the hotel room in time for round one.

The hotel staff were incredibly good, cos I was dizzy and really out of it by about 7am - I'd pushed a note under my door at 6am saying 'someone get me help'.  The young lady Norbilan stayed with me all the time at A&E. Was actually worse at the point of leaving.  I came back with oral rehydration and two lots of nausea pills.

Still vommed til 6pm but not since and had a small rice porridge and bread breakfast at 9.30am. Bit of a rigmarole ordering room service toast last night.  But I nibbled on it thru the night.

So that was my day with the orchid specialists up at the orchid research station.

And today the tour group is out on an island with coral and snorkelling and I'm taking it real real easy.

So yeah, stuff happens.  And I'm real keen to come home now!  Just have to recover so I can face the flight.

Am worried that I told someone about the thing I'd bought for Eddy - he asked if the voltage is the same in NZ.  Now I think, have I spent all that money for something Eddy can't use? I just don't know at this point

So Ed, you might just score a teeshirt!

Tomorrow I leave the hotel about noon,  1 1/2 hour flight to KL, 5 hours wait and 11 in the big bird.

 

About melaniebrigden


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.