Existing Member?

20WOC

back in Kota Kinabalu, fully clothed.

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 19 November 2011 | Views [486]

After the Poring cold water over myself in the waterfall, and missing out the hot springs altogether, our group had a set lunch and then came back 2 1/2 hours to Kota Kinabalu.

My constant companion (Mum you will recognised the phrase from 1989 onwards it is the same dutiful pack) awaited my return here at the hotel that would remind Kathie of Grizabella, the faded Glamour Cat.  The others had taken their full suitcases for security.

We are based here now for four nights.

Tomorrow is a free day till 6pm and I plan to thrash the Sabah Cultural Museum.  Then we dine with the local orchid group. 

The following days we have a butterfly/ orchids tour and also a boat trip to an island with coral.  Jealous??? 

Then pretty directly 1 1/2 hours to Kuala Lumpur - five hours in the airport - and direct to HOME.  ( I have plans for the five hours not to be in the airport ).

So, I've munted my food budget spending over two hours writing this.  Hope you've enjoyed it and that I've given you, especially Eddy and Kathie, some idea of the amazing experiences out there in the world for those with a sense of adventure and a willingness to approach strangers. Kapai!

xxM

 

About melaniebrigden


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.