Existing Member?

The Magical Adventures of Mel, Jade and Kat This is a journal for the friends and family of Mel, Jade and Kat; to follow the girls on their UK adventure!

Edinburgh, Scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 16 December 2005 | Views [839]

Soooooooooo here we are in Edinburgh. After flying in to London's Heathrow airport on Nov 9, we spent a hurried day taking in the sights, from Hyde Park to Westminister Abbey to Big Ben and the palace. Jade even ran into a friend from Rocky (see I told you she knows everyone!) We saw our first squirrel in Kensington Gardens and also witnessed the changing of the guards (which in all honesty wasnt that interesting i am afraid!)
As our London hostel was soooooooo dodgy (the size and smell of a shoebox) we departed quickly to Edinburgh and booked in to the Globe Trotter Inn. It was a very nice change from London and there were many Aussies to be found. The break down of the hostel seems to be 50% polish, 30% aussie and the rest a mix of americans, spanish, kiwi and other. I am still there, however Jade and Kat left for greener pastures (and cheaper rent!)
Kat has managed to score work with a bank in Scotland, Scottish Widows, and Jade as a waitress at Valvona and Crolla, an italian cafe. I am currently on to my third job temping in an office at Lothian Health. I hope to stay a bit longer now that i have met some really good people, and save my pounds for warmer weather to travel to europe in the Summer. Will update more at a later date, when I have actually seen some places! Ta ta for now...

Tags: Work

About mel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.