Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Here we go again....

RWANDA | Friday, 7 September 2018 | Views [243] | Comments [2]

Well it is all about to happen again - Rwanda, Tanzania and Malawi this time. THe Safari Sisters are together again on another adventure full of gorillas, tree lions, pink flamingoes and a wild african music festival... see you onthe other side.

Sorry all, have been having trouble accessing our blog but after some delays here is our first week’s update..

Safari sisters take two, one week in! Meki (Margaret), Kepi (Deborah) and Lala (Leigh) survived our 36hr journey relatively in tact. Met at the airport and transferred to our luxurious apartment at the Pili Pili hotel in Kigali, Rwanda. Rounded out the evening with a side of beef and a bucket of fish washed down with a few bottles of wine. Miraculously our driver and vehicle appeared and after a tour of shanty town and a local lunch with a girl called Kevin we headed off to Musuanze and some less luxurious accomodation with some serious bathroom issues! It was a historic hotel (apparently Diane Fossey stayed there), the food was also historic, none of which our tummies seemed to appreciate! On the upside the next day was gorilla day. Early start and a bit of a trek with Francois and Francis (the two Franks) but once we saw them it was indescribable. So amazing, so close, Lala even got bowled over by one! After the gorillas couldn’t stomach any more hotel food so went out for dinner with our driver Maurice for something a bit more civilised. Next day back to Kigali...Kepi and Lala went on a motor ride...hilarious...everything was last in translation including our destination plus Lala’s bike ran out of petrol...coasted down the hill to fill up. Another awesome dinner at Pili Pili although nearly got fleeced by a bar man trying to take advantage of Lala’s credit card....lucky for us Jean Pierre picked it up and sacked the guy! Another early morning heading to the airport where we had multiple cavity searches and got felt up several times...much easier to arrive in Rwanda then to leave. Plane on dodgy Rwanda air stayed in the air and we arrived safely in Arusha Tanzania!

 

Comments

1

Have a safe and fun trip! Looking forward to the pics! :)

  Audz Sep 10, 2018 10:36 AM

2

Pretty riveting so far...

  Keen follower Sep 21, 2018 11:09 AM

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Rwanda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.