Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Safari status update

BOTSWANA | Thursday, 6 October 2016 | Views [481]

Well a lot has happened since our last post... a harrowing escape from Jo'burg assisted by a gps with anxiety issues about leaving home.

A tyre with a slow leak that just got us to our first destination. À 5 km walk that Leigh turned to an 8 km spèd walk in 35 degree heat. Leigh crossed the finish line first of course although conceded that it was not a race.

Saw the big five in the first 24 hours at Mosethla Camp. Amazing guide...

After a quick tyre change we headed off on a harrowing dtive into Botswana and arrived at Khama Rhino Sanctuary in the dark. Got sand bogged on our way to the nearest bar and spent an hour trying to find our african home for the next two nights. A very rustic and remote accomodation choice but the game drive was excellent....

addit by Kepi 

Walk for Rhino Day....... walk was a charity walk to raise funds for the local Anti Poaching brigade , our 8 kms was in intense heat through the game reserve , we did have local anti poaching brigade guarding us, elephants and rhinos nearby .....so we weren't in danger.

Number of Rhinoceros killled by poachers last year in SA 1175!!! ....

BTW our anti poaching brigade put on a shooting target display , released a ferocious fusillade , after the dust settled NOT one target was hit .......not sure how save the Rhinos are here!!! Or us !!

 

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.