Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Preparations

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 14 September 2016 | Views [540] | Comments [9]

What sounded like a cool idea at the time has evolved into the reality of a merry jaunt through Southern Africa for eight glorious weeks. In a week from now we will be sipping wine and wondering what crucial items were not packed into the bulging duffle bags and convincing ourselves that nothing has been left behind.

The plan: A four week 4x4 self guided safari adventure through South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Namibia followed by a further four week grand tour from Cape Town to Johannesburg via Lesotho and Swaziland and all points in between (with a few side trips for good measure).

The schedule: Has been meticulously planned and will probably be thrown out the window of the said 4x4 on day 3.

The budget: Fortunately the bulk of the expenses for the first four weeks has been paid and therefore does not count.

The risks: Are too many to count at this point.

Comments

1

I note there is no status update regarding key resources such as wine.

  Ange Sep 15, 2016 9:39 AM

2

Ange you will be pleased to know there is a Procurement Plan awaiting final endorsement for the acquisition of an appropriate amount of fine South African wine.

  mekikepilala Sep 15, 2016 2:18 PM

3

Hakuna Matata Meki

  mekikepilala Sep 15, 2016 3:56 PM

4

Have a fabulous trip, be safe and enjoy! I look forward to following your blog.....

  Tania Sep 16, 2016 12:57 PM

5

Do you think Neville will be there?

  Moya Sep 17, 2016 6:21 PM

6

I will be looking out for Neville...he has to be somewhere!

  Meki Sep 17, 2016 6:24 PM

7

Dont let searching for neville distract you. You might miss a fabulous sunset or sit on ant's nest by mistake.

  Jenni Sep 17, 2016 7:18 PM

8

I hope you have a wonderful time. Look forward to following your blog. I imagine there will be some great stories. Be safe xx

  Di Sep 20, 2016 9:36 PM

9

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing from you as you tackle the wilds of Africa. Watch out for the wild beasts.

  Mum Allison Sep 22, 2016 9:18 PM

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.