Existing Member?

Searching for Tea and Crumpets Study Abroad

Day 4. Greenwich, England!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 October 2009 | Views [281] | Comments [1]

Our trip to Greenwich was really awesome! We started off by taking the Tube to Westminster Station. Right when we got off, Big Ben was right there in front of us. It was so amazing! We got on the Thames River boat and took it all the way to Greenwich (a little over an hour). We saw Cleopatras Needle, The Wellington, St Pauls Cathedral, Blackfriars bridge, Millenium Bridge, Shakespeares Globe theatre, Golden Height Ship, HMS Belfast Ship, Tower bridge, The Mayors office (who he refers to it as the glass testicle), Tower of London, Olivers Wharf, and Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant, among so many other things. I learned that the river is 225 miles long! and i saw where the Mayflower started from. So cool! When we got to Greenwich finally, we first went to the observatory which was at the top of a HUGE steep hill. At the top is where the prime meridian of the world is, or where the longitude is Zero Degrees. So cool to experience! We then went to eat lunch and then went to a big farmers market where I bought photos and went to the Maritime Museum, which was really interesting and fun. It was really cool! Later on, I went out with Laney, a girl who lives in my flat. We got off at Morning Crescent station and went to the Crescent Pub and Bennigans Pub. We met four british boys!! They were absolutely adorable!

Tags: greenwich

Comments

1

SOUND LIKE FUN...TOO BAD SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW....THE PUBS WILL HAVE TO WAIT

  momma g Oct 5, 2009 9:46 AM

About megangobeille


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.