Existing Member?

Don't worry, I'll be back...

And it begins...

THAILAND | Sunday, 21 August 2011 | Views [343] | Comments [1]

Arrived in Thailand safe and sound. Hopped on the train and negotiated my cabbie down a few baht to take me to Khao San Road, the tourist hub of Bangkok where I rendez-voused with Kate, Charlie, & Sam.  Had a rocking first night experiencing the street that never sleeps to the fullest.  Then, proceeded to wake up bright and early to head out for a day full of the sights, sounds, and smells, of Southeast Asia beginning with the floating markets. They refer to this area as the “Venice of the east”.  Upon arrival we boarded a long skinny boat and floated along shopping and narrowly avoiding collisions.  Our captain noticed we weren't your regular floating market shoppers and decided a better trip for us would be a tour of the city along the river.  As lovely as this idea may have been it turned into a situation where it seemed as though we were stuck on a bicycle on a highway...we were the only manually operated boat and were constantly going against the flow of river traffic. From the high traffic boating experience we made our way to the "Bridge over the River Kwoi" snapped a few photos and fed a baby tiger, no big deal... Finally we were headed to our intended destination, the TIGER TEMPLE! Here we spent close and personal time with the tigers as they roamed like house pets on the leashes of their monk masters.  It was a bit rickety on the nerves at first but after a short while it was very clear the tigers obeyed their master monks.

We bid farewell to the bustling streets of Bangkok by boarding a plane to Chiang Mai. Today we're doing a jungle trekk...might hang with some elephants, we'll see where the day leads!

Comments

1

Be careful pulling a tigers tail, ha! Remember they have a great sense of smell, you know what I mean. Miss you bunches!

  Brian Aug 22, 2011 11:46 PM

About mdonnelly24


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.