Existing Member?

I'm busy studying.. News, stories, and experiences of my summer in Europe

Cesky Krumlov

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 12 July 2007 | Views [833]

Castle at night

Castle at night

Wow, I have been bust but here is the update for the last week...it is going to be brief because I have to be up in 3 hrs to get on a bus to Poland...

We travelled to Cesky Krumlov last weekend- A very cool little town in the Czech. On the way there we stopped at Pibram prison, which is where the Soviets sent political prisoners and made them mine for uranium. We also stopped at the Platan Brewery. Now that was a sight to see! Haha of course we finished it with a tasting...the dark beer was by far the best. Me and Paul roomed together; he is a cool kid from Boston so of course we get along.

That night we went out of course...we went to the "Music Bar" and had buckets (literally) of mojitos...yummy

Friday we toured the Cesky Krumlov Castle with Bryce, an American who now lives in the CZ. He was a real cool guy and had a lot of info. The castle was cool because it has the same set-up of everything inside as it did in its prime. We then had the afternoon off, which I spent most of sleeping. Friday night we had a group dinner at the Egenburg brewery. What a great time, Eva set it up for us to have our own private band which we danced the night away too. Did I mention I never want to leave this country?

Saturday we went for a hike. We toured the Sudenland which is the land that Czechoslovakia gave to Hitler to try and stop war from happening (obviously didn’t work) It was cool seeing what used to be towns, great views and fighting off tics. It was a good 6-7 mile hike, but the views were awesome and it was good to get outside and walk around. After some resting a bunch of us went out for food to a place where Bryce was playing his guitar. Again another awesome night. To put the night into perspective I had to walk one of our professor’s home, as she was wasted and couldn’t find her way.


Sunday, simply put, was awesome. We went "white-water" rafting, only due to a lack of snow this winter is wasn’t really "white-water" at all. Ever float down a lazy river? That’s what it pretty much was, only in an 8 person raft, and another 7 rafts floating with you. It involved very little paddling, the sun was out, and awesome people in my boat. We floated for 5 hours down the river! I could have done it for days! After that we came back to Prague...home sweet home...


Since then I have basically been busy doing school work and going to class. Met a few people from Yale as they are using the same classrooms as us.


Well it's 12:30 here and I have to be on a bus at 4:30 to go to Krakow, Poland for the weekend and I still have to pack so its time for me to go. Sorry for the brief and delayed update, but I really have no free time here as I am always on the go...don’t get me wrong, I love it! Possibly an update before Monday but don’t count on it. Should be an interesting trip....

Hope everyone is safe and enjoying their summer back home, I know I am!

Stay tuned for more...

Tags: Adventures

About mcornish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.